We are here to help make sure you have the best experience possible during your stay in University of Reading Accommodation. We know that your halls life is more than just the offer of great facilities - we want you to feel at home and have fun during your time in our residences!
Your halls should be more than just a place to eat, sleep and study. Throughout the academic year, we run many events, activities and initiatives for you to get involved with - including exciting day trips, immense food challenges and competitions, heart warming hot chocolate bars and of course good old fashioned life skills sessions such as how to cook.
So, what do we do?
- Promote Community: we are proud of our safe, sustainable and diverse community here at the University of Reading; so no matter what hall you are in, our events are a great place to leave your worries behind, relax, have fun and meet new people.
- Explore Culture: our halls have a fantastic and culturally diverse population, creating a richer experience within your halls community. We not only offer the chance to visit great places around the UK but we invite the celebration of a range of seasonal holidays and festivities from around the globe (especially when they involve food!).
- Achieve New Life Skills: we know that you are at University to study for your course, but we want to help you accomplish more than just a degree whilst you're here with us. We want to help you grow and establish your own identity, skills and interests. From essential life skills to niche specialist classes, we offer plenty of great workshops for you to try.
- Support your Health & Wellbeing: we care about our halls residents and offer many events to help reduce stress - including FREE weekly yoga! We'll work alongside your hall Wardens, Mentors and JCRs to continually improve the services available to you and make sure your time living in halls is safe, hassle-free and happy.
- Champion Sustainability: we're lucky to have one of the greenest campuses in the UK and want you to be a part of this too. We'll work to increase our efforts to improve the sustainability of your life in halls and reduce our impact on the environment. From blackout days to charity collections, there is so much you can do to help.
- We Listen: we know that there is always room for improvement and value your feedback on your experience with us in halls, so we create opportunities for you to feedback and tell us your ideas.
The most important and valued part of Reslife at Reading is you - our residents, so if you want to make the most of your time in halls, all you have to do is get involved!
Want to help shape your halls community?